What to know about using NYU Libraries for Fall 2020.
Updated October 8, 2020
Using the NYU Libraries will be a bit different this fall.
If you’re joining us on the NYC campus, or remotely this fall, our staff is committed to supporting your research, teaching, and learning needs remotely.
Libraries' NYU Returns page to be up-to-date on the latest information about our services, collections, spaces, and safety.
Building Access and Hours for Fall 2020
Bobst and Dibner Libraries (updated October 8, 2020):
• Weekday Hours: Open Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 9:30 pm for the following services:
- contactless pickup of physical items
- classroom use
- reservable remote learning and study space
• Weekend Hours: Open Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm for reservable remote learning and study spaces on the following floors.
- Bobst: Lower Level 1 (LL1), and 1st Floor
- Dibner: 3rd Floor spaces are now reservable
For detailed online and on-site building and service hours, please visit our Hours
• Entrance to libraries is restricted to NYU cardholders with an appropriate face covering
and a valid COVID-19 daily screener
. No visitors will be granted access to library buildings.
Using Library Collections
• Physical library collections are closed to direct access and browsing. For more information about accessing physical library collections, please visit the Collections Access
• All digital collections, over 3 million items, remain available via the NYU Libraries website
. The HathiTrust service will continue, providing digital access to 40 percent of the print collection.
• Physical items may be ordered online and accessed via contactless pickup, delivery, or scanning. Visit the Delivery Service Options for Material Not Available Electronically
information on our Collections Access page.
• Loans Extended Until October 15, Fines Waived
- All due dates for NYU Libraries materials, ILL, or E-ZBorrow loans are extended until October 15th.
- Includes Bobst, AFC, Brause, Courant, Dibner, IFA, and ISAW materials.
Student & Faculty Services
Please note, for promptest assistance from specific service points please email, rather than call.
• Reference, research consultations are available as remote services
• Accessibility Services
, and Special Collections
will offer remote services as well as limited appointment-based onsite services.
• Course Reserves
services are entirely digital.
• Onsite printing and scanning services are unavailable at Bobst and Dibner Libraries. Visit NYU ITs Print Service
page for information on modified locations, policies and hours of operations for printing and scanning services.
If you have questions or need help use our Ask a Librarian chat and email service.
Oct 28, 10:46 EDT